# Backing your data
You should always have a backup of your library, especially before updating the app.
- A video guide is also available on YouTube (opens new window)
- If the app crashed when you made the backup, go to settings and choose "Clear orphaned chapters".
Creating a backup from Paperback
- Go to Settings > Backups
- Press "New Backup" and choose where you want to save the backup
We recommend you save them to your Notes or Files
# Importing your data
Importing a backup to Paperback
Restoring a backup
- Go to your previously saved backup and press the share icon
- Select "Copy to Paperback" or "Export to Paperback" action
- You can then press "Restore" to restore your backup